Want to build an ecourse? You’re probably wondering which is the best plugin/software/platform to create an ecourse. Right?
And therein lies the mistake; there isn’t a gadget in the world that can actually create your ecourse. Guess what? YOU create your ecourse with hard work, research, your brain and pen (and, at some point, your laptop).
The tech is merely how you deliver the course.
Now repeat after me:
“Content is far more important than delivery method”.
Don’t waste loads of time researching and procrastinating over which plugin or ecourse delivery method is ‘the best one’.
If your content is good enough and your learners get real results. It would’t matter if you delivered it via carrier pigeon or paper aeroplane.
Focus on what matters most: Writing/creating amazing valuable content formatted in a way that will engage your learner and genuinely teach them a lifelong skill.
If you’re wondering what good ecourse content looks like, think of it in terms of this teaching recipe:
1. Focus on the learning outcomes for each lesson (what results will they get at each stage)
2. Create lesson formats to suit all of the learning styles (Visual, Auditory and Kinaesthetic)
3. Utilise a variety of materials (video, PDFs, workbooks, cheatsheets, images etc)
4. Chunk your content into bite-sized ‘microlessons’ of 5-20 minutes
5. Give homework/actions with accountability and self-reflection
6. Make the lessons fun, interactive and engaging
If you don’t prioritise your content over delivery method, all the flashy software in the world can’t save your course. If the content is poorly written, badly structured and hasn’t been created using proven teaching methods then forget about earning the ‘holy grail’ of 6-figures from your beach hammock. Writing high-quality course content is nothing like writing a blog post or book chapter. I know, as I am an author of a published book and a creator of over 20 ecourses.
Ps YES that means stop messing around for days on end looking for platforms and plugins until your head spins. WRITE YOUR COURSE CONTENT NOW.